Location: This position can be in the Greater Boston, MA area or in Tirat HaCarmel, Israel
Minovia is seeking a Research Collaboration Program Lead to serve as a scientific partnership lead for a global research collaboration for expanding the pipeline of mitochondrial cell therapies. The lead will be the single point of accountability, responsible for scientific and budgetary project management, internal and external coordination and achievement of collaboration milestones. This is a challenging position offering the opportunity to contribute to the potential development and success of a truly innovative mitochondrial cell therapy from the earliest stages, with the potential to become a transformative therapy for patients.
The Research Program Lead is responsible for managing the research collaboration program, in coordination with Minovia’s management team as established in the collaboration objectives. The lead will partner closely with executive leadership to ensure strategic alignment on objectives, performance and achievement of research program milestones, as well as tracking of Research Plan deliverables, resources and budget to accomplish program goals. The Research Program Lead will manage a cross-functional R&D team and will report to the Chief Scientist (located in Israel).
The successful candidate will be scientifically, strategically and operationally strong and will have the ability to coordinate and motivate a cross-functional R&D team to executional excellence.
This is an outstanding opportunity to have a broad influence on the development and success of novel cell therapy modalities addressing mitochondrial dysfunction.
- Owns the program’s operational plan and timeline and is responsible for ensuring that activities are performed in a timely manner.
- Leads a team of cross-functional experts to align on key objectives and milestones and develops appropriate risk management strategies. Responsible that team members understand their accountability for team performance goals.
- Responsible for hands-on development and implementation of new scientific techniques and for their subsequent technology transfer to additional team members in US or Israel.
- Responsible for consistent alignment with sub-departments in Minovia to ensure alignment and consistency in all methods and processes used.
- Advanced degree in life sciences or medical field; PhD or MD/PhD, or equivalent level preferred
- At least 5-7 years of Research and/or Drug Development experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech-industry, with a detailed understanding of the drug development process. Background in the cell therapy space is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of managing scientific collaborations from the R&D perspective with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrated experience in project management in a matrix environment; experience in cross company collaborations strongly preferred
- Ability to understand the Research Plan at a scientific level and ensure team deliverables are met
- Routinely interacts with Senior Leadership, Alliance Management and Strategic Pharma Partner teams to ensure alignment of program goals, strategy and status of deliverables. Deliverables will include detailed, timely reports of experimental results, and interactions will entail verbal and written presentation of detailed summaries and executive summaries of results.
- Ensures the program is adequately resourced and has active input/oversight of major budget-impacting decisions (in coordination with the Alliance Manager and CFO).
- Cultivates excellent cross-functional relationships and motivates team executional excellence.
- Strong communication and facilitation ability, with excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with executive management
- Excellent oral and written communication and influencing skills in English.
- Proven ability to manage time effectively, respond quickly to changing priorities, and adapt within a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated, goal-orientated individual who can work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
Contact in Israel: email@example.com – Limor Lior- HR Director
Contact in the US: firstname.lastname@example.org – Bethany Sensenig, CFO and Head of US Operations